Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Twas the night before school started.......

and all through her home
the teacher was preparing
a silly little poem.

Her photocopies were made
on multicolored paper
with the hope that all her students
would be happy to see her.

She wanted to tell them all
at the start of the academic year
that they can do anything
that their hearts hold dear.

And so it is with this
that I end this little rhyme:
Work hard and do your best
and you'll do just fine!

Ok, so I'm no Shel Silverstein or Dr. Seuss, but the beginning of the school year brings out a lot in a corny teacher like myself!

Each school year offers new opportunities - the opportunity to do better than we did the previous year, the opportunity to work hard and show what we're made of, and the opportunity to work on our weaknesses and make us stronger individuals.















I know that I have worked hard in the weeks prior to the opening of school to make our classroom a place where each of us is given all of these opportunities, myself included, and I hope that we can all take full advantage of them.

I consider the classroom pictures to be "before" pictures.....before I start to get a little cluttered, before I rearrange the tables into their normal quad formation, before the students come and turn the classroom into a place of learning. I look forward to the "after" pictures, because a classroom isn't a classroom without its most important feature: the students! (And all their mess!)

Here's to a terrific 2009-2010 school year! I cannot wait to meet all of you tomorrow! I should probably try to go to bed soon, before I try to rhyme again......... :)

No comments: