Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Simpsons Evolution Intro

I'm not a huge Simpsons fan (I'd consider myself to be a moderate fan), but the intro linked below has to be the most original one ever! Watch the video, and note the path in which evolution occurs.....from single celled organisms (Homer-bacteria) on through the development of simple multicellular organisms (Homer-jellyfish), step by step as complex reptiles and mammals evolve. Amazing. I just wish that we could view it in class.



Here's a question for you.....and I want to see your responses (is anyone reading this out there?): which gas, when produced, enabled the "Homer-fish" to make their way out of the water and evolve into terrestrial (land-dwelling) animals?

Enjoy!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Does it start with an O?

Ms. Tiboldo said...

Why, yes it does, Jesse! And, it rhymes with smoxygen! Too bad you're not in my class! :)