Sunday, April 13, 2008

So Busy!





I apologize to all of my students for neglecting to update this blog!!! : (

As you all know, I have been ridiculously busy working on projects for Graduate School (which I am looking forward to using with you kids - you can check out my Charles Darwin project and my U.S. Oil Spills project online.....let me know what you think!) as well as putting together the website for your Unit Project, which is due very soon. You can access the Human Disease Project website here, as well as on homeworknow.com.

Along with the excitement of looking forward to spring break, this week will be a busy one for the 7th grade Life Science students! This week, we will be:
  • Reviewing for the Human Body Systems Unit Test
  • Taking the Human Body Systems Unit Test
  • Preparing our notebooks for collection on Tuesday
  • Presenting completed Human Disease Project work

I am truly looking forward to seeing each student's presentation on the disease that he/she chose! Just remember, PowerPoint presentations will be presented off my laptop, so the best way to avoid any last-minute problems is to email me the presentations ahead of time (c.tiboldo@hackensackschools.org) . One hard copy (paper) of the presentation must be submitted, as well.


Because of the response that they received in class, I included the link to the Optical Illusions used in the Nervous System lesson on Wednesday in the "Favorite Links" section to the right. You can also access it directly by going to http://saintderanged.co.uk/OpticalIllusions.html. My favorite is #8, showing where your blind spot is!


Good luck with your project's finishing touches, review for Tuesday's test on the 10 body systems that we studied, and have a great weekend!


Spring Break, here we come..

No comments: